Blazed Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blazed Games

Free computer games/software

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!

Go down 
+2
Jon
Tecmag Diams
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tecmag Diams

Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Empty
PostSubject: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 pm

I just wanted to get some comments on the graphics, and some sprites.
For info on making sprites visit this forum but feel free to post here after getting the template.

Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Example1Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Example2
Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Example3Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Example4
Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Example5Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Example6

Current combinations : 1008

Download here!
Test version(Tell me what you think)
Mirror

Last edited by Tecmag Diams on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : To fix somfin duh :P)
Back to top Go down
Jon
Admin
Jon

Character sheet
RPG: 10

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Dude that's some talent! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://blazedgames.forumotion.com
Bob-1100k

Bob-1100k

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 12:13 am

They're alright, but not good enough for a complete game.
Back to top Go down
tomster785

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:52 am

OK, um the only good part of these is how they are consistent in size and are all good animations, the quality of the sprites however is not very good

some tips:

SHADE: the only games you'll find that don't have shading are the 8 bit consoles and below of course, it helps give the game more realism and if it looks good more people will want to play it, that's why whenever I'm getting payed I'm always so fussy over how I do it

A bit more size: this will really help with your spriting because you will end up trying to cram all of the details in and therefore will make it look quite crappy

Don't use black lines All of the time: I'm not saying you can't use them, just use a mixture of black lines and coloured lines (like black around the edges and the rest is coloured), or just use coloured outlines or selective outlining (That where you basically shade the outline too), but you can still use complete black lines if the style needs it

Lower the saturation of your colours: if your using paint, double click on the colour you want and then make the sat number something like 170, because high saturated colours usually burn peoples eyes and they make them not want to play any more

When you shade use hue shifting: Hue shifting is just using a different colour to shade it and give a bit more life to it, like with the smiley's I made for the contest, I use hue shifting on the shading so instead of all of the shading to be yellow I added some purple and blue to make it more dynamic, if you don't know where to start just experiment with it for a while, until you find a technique that you like

That's pretty much all of the help I cant think of right now, hope it does actually help with your spriting
Back to top Go down
santa22

santa22

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:36 am

Their a bit small.
Back to top Go down
http://www.godbattles.i8.com
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 11:09 am

i think there cool.
Back to top Go down
Tecmag Diams

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Thanks for your input guys. I want to do some shading but I'm not good at it.... Neutral
If anyone is, check the link in post 1, get the template and feel free to edit. Then tell me if you want to do other shading and I'll send you the graphics.(If you want to....)
The small size is for two reasons.
1) I wanted them to be for people who do make 16x16 games.(not that many resources...)
2) I like using small (16x16) graphics when I make games, It's just my style...)

I don't do all black outlines, I use color for the effect between most of the cloths.

Thanks again for the input.
Back to top Go down
Bob-1100k

Bob-1100k

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Um, why does the purple guy have red eyes?
Back to top Go down
Tecmag Diams

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Because there are 3 eye colors in the charmaker.(Feel free to get it in first post...)
Back to top Go down
Bob-1100k

Bob-1100k

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Where does it say in the first post?
Back to top Go down
Tecmag Diams

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 pm

The bottom....
Test version
mirror
Back to top Go down
Bob-1100k

Bob-1100k

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:51 am

That still doesn't really answer why the eyes are red...

Why aren't the eyes like normal coloured eyes? This is meant for people and characters, but yes those charactes could have red eyes...
Back to top Go down
Tecmag Diams

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Bob-1100k wrote:
That still doesn't really answer why the eyes are red...

Why aren't the eyes like normal coloured eyes? This is meant for people and characters, but yes those charactes could have red eyes...

Because in the charmaker you can pick for him to have red eyes, blue eyes, or black eyes. Because if there is only 1 eye color it is boring..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!   Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released! Empty

Back to top Go down

Grafics from my Char maker. Test version Released!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blazed Games :: General/Resources :: Graphics-
Jump to: